Potential massive fallout of Dabinderjit’s name missing from today’s public announcement of life peerages
London – 14 October 2022
Dabinderjit has just put out a private message to friends and family coinciding with today’s public announcement of life peerages. He intends to make public his appalling treatment over the last two years and the actions he is planning to take.
· the massive cover up by the Cabinet Office and Labour Party over the public announcement of his life peerage that HM Queen approved for 22 December 2020;
· the leaking of his name and the hate campaign orchestrated by the Indian authorities to prevent the public announcement;
· the devastating impact on his career, professional reputation and mental health; and
· the outrageous actions of the Labour Leader’s office, including stringing this out for two years worried that the truth of his treatment will emerge and the inevitable community backlash.
Actions Dabinderjit has set in motion are designed to get to the truth and include:
· reporting the hate campaign to the Metropolitan Police so they can investigate;
· referring the Labour Party to the Information Commissioners Office for failing to respond for the last 6 months to a Subject Access Request for his personal information; and
· the possibility of legal action against the Labour Party that could cost millions for their shocking handling of the matter, impact on his career, professional reputation and mental health.
Dabinderjit’s treatment demonstrates a foreign government has been successful in blocking a peerage when the process had been completed, including the approval by HM Queen of the public announcement of Dabinderjit’s life peerage on 22 December 2020.
The Sikh Federation (UK) has therefore raised the matter with Buckingham Palace and King Charles to look into Dabinderjit’s peerage and raise it with the current PM as it brings the peerage process into disrepute and compromises the constitutional role of the monarch in approving peerages.
Only time will tell what political fallout there is for the Labour Party of the Leader’s office handling of the matter.
Jaspal Singh National Press Secretary Sikh Federation (UK)